Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012 News From ESDERs

Dear all,
It is time to summarize the Esder's year 2012 just before 2013. It was a tough year with full of changes as usual before.
For the first time, it was hard for Berk to adapt Singapore and find friends . Luckily, he found two best friends that they become 3 musketeers at the end of school year this Summer.He also has many Turkish friends now in Singapore that he enjoys to be with them. He started to play guitar after I learned how to play Twinkle star:) He is a bit lazy to practice although he is picking up the songs quickly. It is Suzuki method that you don't learn notes while playing an instrument in the beginning. He played football the whole year but after he started to basketball 4 months ago , he realized he is a good basketball player. He decided to stop playing football and focused on basketball for the new year. He had a long summer holiday including a trip to Germany besides many places in Turkey. He even had adenoid operation during summer.
Emrah had a busy year with many challenges at work. He worked on sustainability and had to participate press conferences and made many interviews for magazines related with sustainable textile chemicals . His division is one of the five division that are planned to divest but buyer is not known yet so 2013 will bring him new uncertainties or opportunities :)
 
2012 was full of exercise for me. I started to aqua fit and tried zumba first time in my life. I literally found my best suited exercise as Zumba and introduce zumba to my at least 10 friends throughout the year. I lost 9 kilo but still could not get rid of my cholesterol :( After having friendless beginning of 2012, I met many good people later on and have a few groups that I really enjoy spending time with them. The biggest change for me this year was to start to work again in an office as Assistant Manager in a company that is specialized in Facility Management. Again a totally different industry and people but after survived to be a teacher, this is a walk in the park for me:) We had a live-in helper now which changed our life in Singapore. I will definitely have less holidays in 2013 but more peace and quite time for myself because Emrah will take Berk to longer holidays without me.

I wish you all Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday Seasons and a wonderful 2013 with health and happiness.
Sibel

No comments:

Post a Comment